By the way! Please follow my blog! I am new to the blogger world and I need some friends. I'm not to bashful to ask for a friend or 2!
Back to the salad. We started out with some very basic ingredients.
- fresh fennel (also known as anise)
- 2 red peppers
- 1 sweet red onion
- lentil mash leftover from my earlier recipe
- a little garlic powder, salt, pepper
- fresh parsley
Oh boy oh boy oh boy is this good. This is what makes this fantastic.
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (if you do oil, I omitted this)
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar (I left this part out too)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- A shake of garlic powder
Notice I omitted the oil and sugar and it still tasted awesome. I left it in for those who still enjoy those ingredients.
lentil mash (cold) and put in your plate or bowl. Lay your vegetables on top and lightly sprinkle with your dressing and parsley. Wallah! Finite! You can speed through this one too, if you're pressed for time.
When I tasted this for the first time, I was totally in love with how the fennel just brought it all together. The thinly sliced veggies and the dressing is what made this perfect.
Fennel, you had me at hello.